In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Gundaroo Community Association or GCA, operators of this website.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
Who we are
This website is owned and administered by Gundaroo Community Association Incorporated also known as GCA. GCA is an independent, locally run, incorporated community organisation with Australian registration number, Y3012117.
Our website address is: https://gundaroo.org and you may contact us from the Contact Page.
What personal information we collect
How we collect it
The personal information we collect are contact details and publishable content.
- Contact Details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not personally store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Publishable content consists of application form information, comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website.
- Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website, and/or republished on other websites at our discretion.
- If you provide personal information either of your own or of any third party as part of publishable content, you warrant that you have permission to publish said information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of said information.
- If you find your personal information published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately via our Contact Page.
Contact details and publishable content are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Why we collect it
Publishable content is collected and republished where applicable in order to inform our visitors.
We collect your personal contact details:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity and/or relationship to an organisation or business
- To fulfil requests made by you such as applications to add, update or remove your information
- To keep you up to date with local news and events, and other information on the Gundaroo Community
GCA will endeavour to ensure your data will be protected and only used for its intended purpose.
General Internet Use Warning
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any of your personal data with external third parties. Data is only worked on and read by our trusted members and partners being:
- appointed members of the GCA executive and GCA website sub-committee
- Website development and support staff – Throttle Media and Random Computing Services
- Website hosting service provider – GoHosting
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve follow-up comments and build up a knowledge base of past comments.
All community and business owners can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by requesting this through the Apply menu. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have a published organisation or business on this site, or have left comments, you have the right (excluding exceptions outlined in the Privacy Act) to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Spam or Robot detection service
Visitor comments and application forms may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We execute regular cyber security checks using internal software assessment and reporting tools via our IT support team at Throttle Media. Alerts are reported to GCA executive on an as required basis.
A notifiable data breach will involve notification of the GCA executive and in turn GCA will inform owners of the data on the site in a timely manner should the breach warrant that advice.
GCA will not make an attempt to identify casual users or visitors to the site and their associated browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Hosting Service Provider’s logs.